Terms & Conditions of Entry
The administrative arrangements outlined herein may be subject to change by TAG as deemed proper for operational purposes of the Competition. No claims shall be recognised in respect to these arrangements.
Failure by a Competitor to comply with these terms and conditions may result in all members incurring a penalty or being disqualified from the Competition.
|Categories||A Submission type, as specified via the Competition Platform including, but not limited to; Photography, Videography, Portfolio, People’s Choice Photography, People’s Choice Videography, People’s Choice Portfolio|
|Close of Submissions||The date which new Submissions and edits to existing Submissions close. 2020 submissions close 1st October, 2020|
|(the) Competition||National Campus Photo & Video Comp (NCPVC), sometimes referred to as Campus Photo & Video Comp|
|Competition Organisers||Tertiary Access Group (TAG)|
|Competition Platform||Online platform used to collect submissions into the Competition|
|Competitor||An eligible Photographer or Videographer who submits an entry via the official Competition Platform|
|Fee-Paying Member of TAG||A tertiary institution who has paid the appropriate annual membership fee. See the full list here|
|Instagram Give-Away||A Prize offered, at the discretion of the Organiser, to an eligible Submission posted to Instagram|
|Live Event||Local, State or National events advertised as a NCPVC initiative|
|Member||An individual that makes up a part, or whole, of a Competitor|
|People’s Choice Category||An online, public voting process for eligible Submissions|
|Photography Category||An individual photograph which represents the Competition theme, to the Competitor. Submissions are limited to a maximum of 6 per Competitor|
|Portfolio Category||A series of photographs (maximum of 6 per Submission) which represents the Competition theme, to the Competitor. Submissions are limited to a maximum of 6 per Competitor|
|Prize Winner||The Competitor deemed as the winner by the appointed competition judges|
|Relevant Campus||The campus that the student is enrolled in the most credit points or resides within the closest radius to|
|Submission||Content successfully uploaded via the Competition website|
|Third-Party Partners & Sponsors||May include prize partners, cash sponsors, in-kind supporters that may include (but not limited to) galleries, publishers or equipment providers|
|Videography Category||A short video which represents the Competition theme, to the Competitor. Submissions are limited to a maximum of 6 per Competitor|
- be a currently enrolled student at an institution that is a Fee-Paying member of Tertiary Access Group (TAG).
- register all entry and contact details (including media-quality biography, photo and links to content and social media platforms) via the submission form on the Competition website. It is up to the Competitors to make sure they are informed and aware of the timing and terms and conditions of the digital submission process as well as any live performances and details that may apply to prize packs
- be over seventeen (17) years of age. You must supply a copy of your birth certificate, current driver’s license, proof of age card or passport confirming your age if requested by the Competition Organisers. Failure to do so may result in your disqualification from the Competition
- enter the Competition at one campus only (Relevant Campus)
- not be a past National Winner of the Competition
- confirm that their Submission is the Competitor’s own, original work
- confirm that they have the permission to use the image of individuals featured in the Submission
- advise Competition Organiser’s if they do not wish their Submission to be included in the People’s Choice process
- ensure that when referring to other people’s work that are subject to copyright, that all legal processes have been followed
Each Competitor entering the Competition by doing so gives Competition Organisers and their third-party partners and sponsors of the Competition permission to:
- use its name and the likeness of each Competitor for such promotional purposes as they see fit.
- photograph, video, film or record their Submission at any time during the Competition (there being no obligation on Competition Organisers to do so), and be able to use and or produce these recordings in a way to promote the event now and in the future with no financial gain to the entrants.
Generally, it is a condition of participation that you have not previously entered into any commercial, contractual, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of your artistic abilities or the products thereof or in respect of your name likeness, image or biography. However, should you have entered into such an arrangement, you must immediately notify Competition Organisers (prior to the close of Submissions), who may take such action as it considers in its absolute discretion to be appropriate including without limitation disqualifying you from the Competition process.
Competitors will not be paid a fee for live Exhibitions and will be responsible for any additional equipment or production costs that are not provided by Competition Organisers or the Event Promoters
Theme: ‘Through My Eyes’ think outside the square and ensure that your submission is a reflection of you! Submit your individual still photograph, a portfolio of photographs (maximum 6) or short video.
|Submissions Close||21:00 on 1 October, 2020||21:00 on 1 October, 2020||21:00 on 1 October, 2020||21:00 on 1 October, 2020|
|Voting Open||N/A||N/A||N/A||12:00 on 27 May – 12:00 on 29 October, 2020 (AEST)|
|Winner Announced||by 12:00 on 30 October, 2020 (AEST)||by 12:00 on 30 October, 2020 (AEST)||by 12:00 on 30 October, 2020 (AEST)||by 12:00 on 30 October, 2020 (AEST)|
|File Format||(JPEG, 300 DP, < 50MB)||(JPEG, 300 DP, < 50MB)||(Streaming link from Youtube, Vimeo or Facebook, < 90 seconds (excluding title screen and credits)||As per individual category requirements|
|Shortlisted Submissions||Up to twenty (20) Submissions may be shortlisted, at the discretion of judges||Up to twenty (20) Submissions may be shortlisted, at the discretion of judges||Up to twenty (20) Submissions may be shortlisted, at the discretion of judges||N/A|
|Exhibiting||Shortlisted Submissions may be distributed to participating tertiary campuses across Australia to exhibit in both print and digital form||Shortlisted Submissions may be distributed to participating tertiary campuses across Australia to exhibit in both print and digital form||Shortlisted Submissions may be distributed to participating tertiary campuses across Australia to exhibit in both print and digital form||People’s Choice Submissions may be distributed to participating tertiary campuses across Australia to exhibit in both print and digital form|
|Prizes||Vouchers and equipment valued at $750.||Vouchers and equipment valued at $750||Vouchers and equipment valued at $750.||Cash and vouchers valued at $250 per category.|
|Copyright||Written permission for Imagery or Logos used from other sources to be provided upon entry||Written permission for Imagery or Logos used from other sources to be provided upon entry||Written permission for Soundtracks or Footage used from other sources to be provided upon entry. Refer to “Video Sync & Master Use License”||As per individual category requirements|
|Judging Criteria||Creativity and originality in the areas of: a. Visual impact b. Story being told c. Submission quality d. Technical expertise||Creativity and originality in the areas of: a. Visual impact b. Story being told c. Submission quality d. Technical expertise||Creativity and originality in the areas of: a. Visual impact b. Story being told c. Submission quality d. Technical expertise||All eligible entries will be exhibited via the competition’s voting system. The entry with the highest number of votes in each category at the closing of the allocated voting time will be deemed the winner|
Once per month for the duration of the Competition, a prize up to the value of $300 may be given away (10 in total). To be eligible, Competitors must upload photos and videos via a public Instagram account representing the specified theme with the hashtags #ThroughMyEyes and #CAMPUSPVC2020. Prize Winners will be contacted by Instagram Direct Messaging with details on claiming their prize and their post may be shared via Competition social media channels. Prizes will be awarded where a post is deemed worthy based on creativity and originality in the areas of: (a) Visual impact, (b) Story being told, (c) Submission quality, (d) Technical expertise.
Judging & Prizes
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Judges, Competition Organisers, Third-Party Partners & Sponsors nor any other entity providing services to the Competition will not enter into or engage, in any correspondence, discussion or debate about the outcome of the Competition.
- The organiser reserves the right to declare any Submission ineligible if in their opinion, the Competitor has not complied with these terms and conditions set out in the submission process.
- Each Category will only proceed to the judging stage if there are three (3) or more Submissions for a category. If there is less than three (3) Submissions in a Category the Organiser reserves the right to not award a prize in that Category.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request the Prize Winner to provide proof of identity, proof of tertiary enrolment and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address, in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification, enrolment, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Organiser. In the event that the Prize Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Prizes must be taken as offered and failure to accept the offered prize will result in forfeiture of that prize. The forfeited prize will be offered to an alternate Competitor.
- Only one Prize may be awarded per Category (maximum of six (6) in total) plus one Instagram Give-Away per month (maximum of ten (10) in total)
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Prize winner must comply with any conditions of use of the Prize and Organiser’s directions or requirements.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other Prize. The contents of the Prize will be at the Organiser’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize.
- If a Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
- No responsibility will be taken by the Organiser for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize Winner from utilising the Prize.
- The Organiser makes no warranties or representations about the fitness for purpose or suitability of any Prize and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness for any purpose of any Prize, or the failure of any Prize to be of merchantable quality.
- Subject to relevant state authority approval, the Organiser reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prize to cancel or vary the terms of the competition or to vary or cancel the award of the Prize including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Organiser’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion): a Prize Winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or the Organiser cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize for any reason beyond its control.
Limitation of Liability
- Competition Organisers have sole discretion regarding organisation of the Competition including dates and times of events and the order in which Competitors will perform.
- Prizes have been confirmed in good faith and Competition Organisers cannot be held responsible for changes or withdrawal of prizes due to circumstances beyond their control. This includes any loss, damage or injury (including consequential loss) occurring from the withdrawal or change of prize/s.
- While all care shall be taken in running the Competition, Competition Organisers, Sponsors and Promoters are not liable to any Competitor entering the Competition, or any other person or entity, for any loss, damage or injury (including consequential loss) however caused (including negligence) as a consequence of the Competition.
- Competitors enter the competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained (including negligence) as a result of taking the Prize or entering the Competition
- Winners must:
- use your best efforts to participate in any promotional activities requested by Competition Organisers. You are also encouraged to seek your own media opportunities
- contact Competition Organisers to seek relevant information regarding their potential Exhibition Events
- In the case of an invitation to attend a physical event requiring a Competitor to travel from outside of the host city, travel and accommodation may be booked by Competition Organisers up to the value of $400 including:
- Transport: flights will be booked based on the lowest price economy class ticket/s at the time of booking, transfers including but not limited to taxis, ride-share services and shuttles remain the responsibility of the Finalist
- Accommodation: up to 2 nights’ accommodation of an appropriate standard within as close proximity to the event as possible
- Food and Beverages: will be provided during the official Exhibition Event, other food and beverage remain the responsibility of the Finalist
- Travel costs are not redeemable for cash.
- Personal and Equipment Insurance: All Competitors must purchase their own insurance, this is not covered by or a responsibility of Competition Organisers. Competition Organisers will not be held responsible for any theft, loss or damage of personal luggage and effects or damage to any property or person whilst travelling to and from or during the event.
- Winners must:
The Organiser collects Competitor’s personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including, but not limited to, determining and notifying Prize Winners).
Each Competitor entering the Competition by doing so gives the Organiser and their third-party partners and sponsors of the Competition permission to use its name and the likeness of each Competitor for such promotional purposes as they see fit.
By entering into the Competition, you acknowledge that you are entering into the Competition and you agree to your Submission being available on the Competition Platform(s) for public viewing and comment and that your Submission may be used by the Organiser in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for any purpose in our sole discretion.
By permitting the Organiser to post your Submission on public platforms you hereby grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/or reproduce, your Submission, including without limitation in any online media or print formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts. You can revoke this licence at any time by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org informing us that you no longer want us to use your Submission.
The Organiser shall have the right to photograph or film Submissions for newspapers, magazines, brochures, web pages, catalogues and on television or at such times as discretion determines.
Art is a platform for free expression. But the Competition does not support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.